It comes with more than enough fabric and has very clear instructions.
In the past, I have always tacked my papers to the fabric shapes but the kit suggested glue and as my friend glues hers successfully I thought I'd follow suit.
Using 'Sewline' fabric glue pen I glued merrily away. The glue held well and I carefully hand stitched the shapes together.
I then had to remove the papers, this was where the trouble began. The glue held fast.
The only way forward was to keep going but the fabric was becoming frayed despite my trying to slide a pin or the end of my tweezers between the fabric and paper to help release it.
I thought I was going to totally ruin the patchwork.
It took ages and I was left with a mess.
I carefully folded the turnings inside and as best I could, ironed them down again. I then pinned the patchwork down to the plain fabric very carefully.
I stitched slowly, pushing in any ends as I went and I used an even smaller and tighter stitch then I usually would.
Now that it is complete I'm quite happy but will avoid putting pins near the edges of the patchwork for fear of wearing it.
It is large and heavy, as I filled it with ground walnut shells which stops it flipping around and also keeps the pins sharp.
I love the look, I love the vintage 30s fabric.
I shall think twice before using fabric glue again though.