Wednesday 4 July 2018

Little Knitted Friends

Having crocheted just about anything and everything for a long while I thought I would never knit again but the need to knit just crept up on me one day.

Like an addict for a quick fix, I bought a giant ball of wool to knit an aran cardigan but soon gave up. Too much concentration was needed to work on it at the Knit and Natter group especially as there is often more nattering than knitting.
And I didn't like the way the cheap yarn fuzzed up so much.
So that is now living in the bag in my 'wool cupboard' with some of my stash.

It's the miniaturist in me that says 'Make it small, make it small'. I heard that little voice and thought of little people.

I decided to create the K & N group, at Tinker Taylor tea shop, using up some of my mountain of stashed wool but soon realised, as usual, the stash was not going to provide me with enough yarn for bodies so I had to buy more yarn! (As you do...)

Then, of course, the colours were not right for the clothes I needed to make. Aha, yes, buy more yarn!
I chose Ricorumi DK 100% cotton partly because it comes in tiny 25gm balls. It's also lovely and firm for the bodies, unlike an acrylic mix I used for one poor lady who might have to endure pipe cleaner insertion.
A sneak peak of the first lady I made and have finished.
Others in various stages, like this one in her leggings, getting her hair done!
The hair, I found is the hardest to get right. I could knit wigs, but they looked as though they were wearing helmets so I have rooted this lady's hair using a crochet hook.

Hopefully more to show soon




No comments:

Post a Comment