Tuesday 26 September 2017

Barbie Wardrobe. Dress 1

I recently stayed with my friend in Spain and as we share our hobbies and ideas we jumped in and made a few things.
We worked on a couple of her miniature kits and then moved on to bigger scale dolls.

I have always understood the need to buy plenty of what I like (in case it goes out of fashion and I can't get it any more) but Barbie?!!!

My friend must have an insight, suggesting that Barbie production is about to end. I lost count of the Barbies that she got out of her cupboards and drawers. We laughed as yet another and another appeared!
Needless to say, we decided to make Barbie outfits and that mood continued after I arrived home. I dug out the most needy, shabby Barbie from my collection of three that I'd bought years ago from charity shops. One of them desperately needed a hair-do!
After a shampoo I conditioned her hair and combed it smooth and while it dried I made her a dress from two coordinating Tilda fabrics.


That was as far as my 'need to make Barbie clothes' went, I lost interest quickly.
This Barbie now sits on a shelf waiting for the rest of her wardrobe, which will come - one day when I get the 'need to make Barbie clothes' feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment