Friday 7 December 2018

More Mini-Me Ladies And a Man!

I enjoyed creating the ladies, not just the Knitters and Natterers that go to the tea shop but also the owner and her staff.
My knitting then ventured out to the hairstylist, Noreen, next door

and the boutique owner across the road, Ricky

who then asked me to make her daughter, Natalie as a surprise.
And I couldn't leave out Lesley who works in the chemist across the road with her blond ponytail and white coat.
However, I had never attempted a man and so I considered the gents' hairdressers situated the other side of the tea shop.
I wanted to make one young man in particular who frequently pops into Tinker Taylor for his takeaway coffees. He is certainly striking enough to make a good caricature. See the dictionary definition - it's definitely what I'm doing!

Caricature
noun
  1. 1.
    a picture, description, or imitation of a person in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect. 

  2. (Hopefully, I have achieved the 'comic', not 'grotesque' effect)

Short hair is the most difficult to do; as I always say, 'There is only so much you can do with wool'. The short neck hair and beard are the most difficult but as he's growing his hair and currently wears a hairband, the rest was much easier.
 I need to trim his short hair again, he wouldn't be seen out with these straggling whisps around his ears!


I finished each of my little tea shop ladies with a tote bag last week. I copied and miniaturised the logo Tinker Taylor then printed onto white cotton fabric.
From left to right - Jo, Pam, Antonia, Carol, Sarah, Ursula, Jo, Lottie and Mimma.
 Antonia, the lovely owner of Tinker Taylor
 Naturally, the knitters carry their work in their new bags. This is our Jo.

The Mini-Mes are now finished, the yarn and needles tidied away. (For now!)

It's Friday, I hope you have a lovely weekend,


No comments:

Post a Comment